In accordance with Destination Imagination policy, NJDI has instituted a mandatory background check policy for all volunteers for the 2018-2019 season. To view the full policy, click here.
The Procedures are as follows:
• Team Managers must undergo a Level 3 background check, the cost of this check is $28 and will be paid by the Team Manager directly to Verified Volunteers.
• Appraisers must complete a Level 2 background check. NJDI will cover the cost of their background check for the 2018-2019 program year. Appraisal Volunteers will have the option to donate the cost of the background check back to NJDI if they choose at the time of registration on the Verified Volunteer website.
• Teachers who have completed a background check within the last two years may provide NJDI documentation of passing the recent background check should they be able to obtain it.
• Background checks must be completed by January 11. This is also the deadline for registering teams and appraisers for the 2019 Tournament.
• Those who do not have background checks completed will not be able to participate in DI as a Team Manager or Appraiser. There will be no exceptions.
Complete the background check here.
Any and all questions should be directed to email@example.com.
We thank you for your cooperation in ensuring the safety of our participants.